BIGBANG — “BiiiG”: 20 Years In and Still Very BIGBANG | Reaction
BIGBANG are back.
2026 marks their 20th anniversary, and “BiiiG” gives us a BIGBANG that very much exists in the present rather than trying to recreate the group they were ten or fifteen years ago.
And naturally, I had thoughts. 😂
Watching “BiiiG”
One of the things I find interesting about artists with careers this long is what happens when they stop being the artists we remember and simply become the artists they are now.
BIGBANG have changed. Their circumstances have changed. The members have changed. The music industry around them has changed.
So while nostalgia is inevitably part of a 20th-anniversary comeback, I don't necessarily want them to reproduce the sound of an earlier BIGBANG era just because that's the version some of us remember most fondly.
I'd much rather see what BIGBANG sounds like now.
“BiiiG” certainly gave me plenty to react to, musically, visually and in terms of what this version of BIGBANG might look like going forward.
You can watch my full reaction above.
What did you think?
If you've followed BIGBANG for years, I'd especially love to know how you feel about their evolution.
Do you want elements of the older BIGBANG sound to return, or would you rather see them continue exploring whatever interests them now?
And if “BiiiG” is one of your first encounters with BIGBANG, I'd love to hear that perspective too.
Watch the original: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8ZnXgbyUuc
Watch more of my reactions: https://www.youtube.com/@linehasthoughts
I also stream music reactions and deep dives regularly on Twitch, with full stream replays available through Patreon.
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/linesal
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/cw/lunitv2020
You can also find Line Has Thoughts on:
Threads: https://www.threads.com/@linesal1980
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61593150189846
Comments
Post a Comment